Saturday, March 04, 2006

An Amazing Gift

In another hour, my son will have been out in the world for one full day. So far this has been an amazingly positive experience. When our first boy was born, the deliverly lasted 21 hours, with three hours of hard labor. This time, we got to the hospital at 7:30 and had our son by 14:17 that afternoon with 15 minutes of pushing. Watching him take his first breath is an unforgettable memory I will carry to the grave. Just as she cut the cord and few drops of blood splashed on his chest and arm, he took his first shudderly deep breath, opened his eyes, and instantly turned a bright pink. I'd like to write more, but even more, I'd like to get back upstairs where my family is.
Mom and baby are doing amazingly well. We thought we'd have to spend tonight here but it now looks like they will be released this afternoon after shift change for the nurses. Yeah!

2 Comments:

At 2:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Get up there dude! You could be eaten by a rancor at any moment...

 
At 10:46 AM, Blogger Kathy said...

Congratulations! Your family is absolutely beautiful! I am so happy things went so well!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home